Welcome to Jason Vranek's Website
This is me
I'm a first year masters student studying computer engineering. For my undergrad I focused on robotics and control. For my jobs I did front-end and then later full-stack development. A portion of my undergrad was spent building the front-end for a simulated stock exchange to research high frequency trading. This sparked my interest in economics, particularly game theory and market design, which coincided with an interest in blockchain technology.
Academic and Professional Interests
- I'm interested in Machine learning and its potential applications in the field of robotics.
- I'm interested in distributed computing.
- I'm currently very involved in Blockchain and Cryptoeconomics, and am interested in pursuing multiple research topics.
- I plan to model decentralized exchanges as a basis for finding better market designs to increase networked liquidity while resolving the problems that accompany exchanges that are part of the blockchain.
- I plan on researching immutable video files to act as undeniable proof when paired with the transparency and immutability of a blockchain.
Here are some things I've worked on
- My submission for the ETH San Francisco hackathon: here
- My robot for my mechatronics class here
- My first website: here
Links (I have no publications but here are articles that interest me)
- World Models (ML): here
- Sketch RNNs: here
- High Frequency Trading (Part of my undergrad research): here
- Related to decentralized exchanges: here
- AlphaGo: here
- Deep learning for understanding receipts: here
Passions and Hobbies
- I enjoy cooking, hiking, reading, meditation, tennis, yoga, and making robots for fun.